What to Wear
What you should wear and bring paddling
- Board shorts
- Shoes / Thongs / Crocs / Wetsuit booties
- Drink bottle
- A change of clothes and a towel
- It’s often hot and sunny, so remember to wear sun protection and bring water, drink some before you leave too
- Loose pants or shorts or if you get cold easily then track pants or thermals
- Comfortable tshirt, or swimming rash shirt and a light jacket or a vest without arms
- If it’s real cold you might want a beanie, especially at 5:30am when its windy
- Once you start paddling, your body will warm up and some clothing may not be required.
Life jackets required if you can’t swim 400m
- If you can’t swim 400m let the crew know so they can put a life jacket on you before leaving the boat ramp.
- If you have your own safety approved life jacket please bring that with you.
- A demonstration of how to use a self inflating life jacket may be required.