Presentation / AGM 31st July, 2011
39 members, partners and children enjoyed our second annual AGM/Presentation /Lunch at the Newcastle Cruising Yacht Club. The din from the adjoining birthday party was a bit overpowering when trying to hear what was being said but did not detract too much from the opportunity to deal with the most important day in the life of the Club or distract the kids colouring-in efforts. Presentation of Annual Reports, Awards and Board Member elections were slotted in amongst the meals and socialising. Well done.
New Committee (Retiring members):
President: Nathan Evans (Petra Salna)
President of Vice: Isabel Mackenzie (Jeremy Dawes)
Secretary: Grant Shultz (Craig Strudwick)
Registrar: Matt Worley (Helen Mauric)
Treasure: Raylene Roddam
Coach: Steve Dawes
Committees………………Jeremy (web site), Richard (publicity etc) + others TBC as /when required
- Lindsay Freeman – Capsize Cup, 2011 – never seen so many different ways to huli in one year.
- Jeremy Dawes – Web Award – outstanding website design & maintenance
- Richard Thomson – Helping Hand Award – assistance with WEA, Mattara, Australia Day & publicity
- Chris Harris – Paddle-Snappers Award 2011 – middle of Stockton beach on OC1
- Nathan & Luke Evans – Club Achievement Award – OC2 excellence at State & National level
- Keep-an –Eye-on-Current Award – for letting slip in 16km at Hamo 2011
- Matt Worley – Skunk Award – air freshener for paddlers sharing his room at next regatta
- Grant Shultz – Endurance Award – 6 pack of nibblies for next crew he tries to take to NZ when gets lost in fog
- Petra Salna – Huli Drill Award – “20,000 Leagues Beneath the Sea” DVD
- Kathy Spong – Hibiscus Award – competing in Cook Is 7 visiting Hawaii
- Kelly Cook – Rising Star Award – (with sock in mouth supplied by husband Matt)
- Tracey Masson – Mother Duck award – trying to control the Toronto Ladies crew
- Troy Vinegerhoed – “Swimming Upstream” DVD Award – encouragement for Changes Race swaps
- Ryan Coulin – Having a Ball Award – getting back into paddling after retiring from hockey
- Jenny Vale – Whistle Stop (anywhere when desperate) & Wax on / Wax off award
- Steve Dawes – Rock Award – for services rendered.
NOW DUE (end of June).
$120 pa…………..children free
Support the sport you love and the equipment you use.
Contact Matt Worley (registrar) with any questions.
Bank details – ensure put name and reason for deposit
a/c # 988147001